Skin analysis is the first step to achieve the skin you always wanted. With this method it is possible to identify your needs (visible and invisible) and carry out a detailed study and a comprehensive recording of all skin imperfections, so that to define the priorities for achieving the objectives specified by you.
Examination using the advanced skin analysis system Canfield VISIA® (Canfield Scientific, Inc., New Jersey, U.S.A.) is the most objective and scientific way to diagnose skin problems, even to its deepest layers (epidermis, dermis, subcutis). Thanks to multispectral imaging and analysis visual information are collected according to eight domains that affect facial health and its actual needs are highlighted. Furthermore, it is possible to digitally record this visual information, which are then used an objective comparative measure for treatment effectiveness.
Eight key evaluations
- Brown Spots: Brown spots are lesions on the skin such as hyper-pigmentation, freckles, lentigines, and melasma. They develop due to secretion of excess melanin from melanocytes. Brown spots make skin look patchy and not uniform, which is identified by VISIA. After recording all spots, treatment is applied with the Q-Switched Laser and skin analysis is repeated, to find out in an objective manner whether the treatment was effective.
- Red skin components: Red skin components may be due to skin irritation, acne, rosacea or telangiectasias. VISIA detects blood vessels and haemoglobin that exist at the papillary dermis of the skin and are related to these lesions. Acne lesions and irritations have different sizes, but their shape is usually circular. On the other hand, rosacea is usually more diffuse as compared to acne, while telangiectasias are usually short, thin interconnected lines. Following the recording of all imperfections, treatment with Pulsed Dye Laser is applied. Treatment results can be monitored through the same skin analysis method, which is the most objective “before and after” assessment marker.
- Wrinkles: Wrinkles are furrows, folds or creases in the skin, which are caused by reduced elasticity and become more intense as a result of sun exposure. Skin analysis system recognises wrinkles by their characteristic narrow and long shape. After a detailed examination of the face, Botox or hyaluronic acid injections are performed. Skin analysis is repeated in all cases, as this is the only way to estimate objectively the natural result of Botox injections.
- UV spots: UV Spots (or sun spots) occur when melanin coagulates below the skin surface as a result of sun damage and sun aging. UV spots are usually invisible under normal lighting conditions. Nevertheless, the selective absorption of UV radiation by melanin allows VISIA to detect them.
- Pores: Pores create some kind of shading and they stand out due to their dark colour and circular shape. Skin analysis system VISIA distinguishes pores and spots based on their size, since pores are smaller. For their treatment RF Microneedling (Fractional Radiofrequency System) is used. Treatment results are ascertained through skin analysis’ objective criteria.
- Texture: This analysis evaluates skin, taking into account skin colours and skin smoothness that overall make up skin texture. For a smoother skin, RF Microneedling treatment is applied with the fractional radiofrequencies system, which stimulates the organism’s natural healing process and contributes in skin resurfacing. Its effectiveness is evident through repeat skin analysis.
- Porphyrins: Porphyrins are bacterial excretions that can become lodged in pores and lead to acne. Their action is both cytotoxic and comedogenic and it has been proven that they also affect to some extent pigmentation, the formation of wrinkles and the signs of photoaging. Porphyrins glow in VISIA’s UV light and appear like small white circular spots. Treatment is achieved with Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) and their elimination can be established with repetitive skin analysis.
- Eyelashes: Through the use of special filters, VISIA analyses the condition of the eyelashes through the evaluation of their number, thickness and health status. Supportive treatments are applied, the results of which are ascertained through repeat skin analysis, allowing the comparison of “before and after”.
The procedure is like photo shooting, but in this case pictures are three-dimensional and they are accompanied by quantitative calculations and graphs. Thanks to the special algorithms used, statistical measurements are presented, which are really useful as a comparison among people of the same sex and age, and with the same skin type. Furthermore, it reveals the skin’s actual age, which is not necessarily the same as the biological age.
In addition to this, the integrated aging simulator of the skin analysis system shows how your skin will look after 5 to 7 years, as long as your daily health, eating and beauty habits remain similar. Similarly, it shows the appearance of the skin as it was 5-7 years ago, respectively.
The effects are comparable
All images and the results of this diagnostic analysis are recorded digitally, together with the necessary medical report. Based on the detailed analysis and recording of the lesions, a personalised treatment programme is designed, while prevention and beauty advice are also given, aiming at permanent elimination of imperfections and premature aging. This skin analysis is then used as a comparative measure of treatment effectiveness, as it provides comparative images and “before – after” analysis.
Superiority points of skin analysis with Canfield VISIA® system
- Multiple skin imaging
- Detection of skin conditions not visible to the naked eye
- Counting of skin lesions and graphs
- Compares the person’s biologic age with the skin’s age
- Detects and provides quantitative measures for photoaging, spots, wrinkles, bacteria, scars, pores
- Three-dimensional imaging of skin incisions for more detailed analysis
- Simulation showing skin lesions progress (wrinkles – spots)