Experience has changed the way Botulinum Toxin is now used and it is now performed WITHOUT PAIN… Not only the technique has changed but so has the dose to be used.
The “Frozen Look” belongs to the past.
Now the natural look & expression is the desired result. After the examination of the muscular pattern of your face the result can be determined. The duration of effect is now the current issue.
Have you ever wondered why the results last for 7 months in some people while in others for 2 months? Muscular pattern of each individual face and the correct assessment of this pattern determines the duration of the result.
Treatment should give you a fresher look without altering your expressions for the longest possible period of time. The application is completely painless and lasts no more than your lunch break, which is the reason why the treatment is characterised as “lunch time treatment”.
Botulinum Toxin is indicated for the areas of the areas of the forehead, the glabella and the so-called “crow’s feet”. These are the areas where expression lines appear, which are created due to the facial expressions we usually have (laughing, frowning, etc.). However it should be noted that the treatment is not indicated for wrinkles that result from aging and sagging skin.
The treatment duration is approximately 15 minutes; it is performed with no pain and leaves no scars behind. Select a specialised doctor for the treatment with relevant experience; answer all the questions you may have, and request to see results, which are visible from the 5th day and usually last 4 to 6 months.
With natural expression – Without pain or scars
It is not unusual for someone to decide to have a B.T. application immediately after the first consultation during the same visit. It may have happened to you, too. Unfortunately, you were not appropriately prepared probably to ask, assess, do or avoid certain things. Below there is a list with 6 facts you should know.
Here is the list of 6 facts:
1) Experience has changed the way Botulinum Toxin is now used and it is now performed WITHOUT PAIN… if appropriately applied by the doctor. Not only the technique has changed but so has the dose to be used. The “Frozen Look” belongs to the past. Now the natural look & expression is the desired result. The muscular pattern of your face should be assessed. The duration of effect is now the current issue. Do you wonder why the effects last for 7 months in some people while in others for 2 months…?
There are 3 different types of muscular pattern, for which B.T. is indicated depending on the muscular tone:
- Kinetic type: Absolute concordance of emotion and mimetic expression. The effect of B.T. may even last for 7 or 9 months, or longer! The procedure is usually repeated once a year! Kinetic patients are the ideal candidates.
- Hyperkinetic type: There is no concordance between muscular contraction and the emotion to be expressed. The effect may last between 4 and 6 months, or even less. This is the most common type. The procedure is usually undertaken 2 or 3 times a year.
- Hypertonic type: This is the negative result of lack of control, like in the hyperkinetic type. The effect is disappointing, wrinkles cannot be completely eliminated, muscular contraction is blocked for only 1 or 2 months, i.e. the duration of the result is the shortest of all types. Each year 4 or 5 procedures should be performed. The target is to gradually make the hypertonic patient hyperkinetic and finally kinetic.
Depending on the area of the face, there is a dominant type. A person may have hyperkinetic muscles in one area of the face and hypokinetic ones in another area. There are three different types of muscular behaviour after the application of B.T. atonic, hypotonic and hypokinetic. With the identification of patient’s muscular behaviour and the selection of a balanced B.T. dose it is possible to achieve a balanced effect without “frozen look”. In some muscles hypokinesia is the desired effect, while in other muscles we want to preser4ve minimal tonus. These aspects should be considered together with the balance between the upper and the lower part of the face, which can be achieved with a combination of methods, such as Laser and Fillers. In all cases an individualised application plan is necessary to achieve natural expression while improving your looks.
2) B.Τ. is suitable and can be applied to ALMOST everybody.
There are certain exceptions….
Please answer the following questions to check whether you are the right candidate:
- Do you have dynamic expression wrinkles on your face that you want to “erase”?
- Are you pregnant?
- Do you
If your answer is NO in any of the above questions it’s better to avoid B.T., at least for the time being.
But we should explain why…
- Types of Wrinkles
There are 2 types of wrinkles on the face, static and dynamic. B.T. is effective in dynamic or expression wrinkles, which are caused by the continual muscles contraction during usual expressions. This is how wrinkles due to frown and laughter are caused, as well as the horizontal wrinkles of the forehead etc. through the relaxation of the responsible muscles skin is also relaxing and dynamic expression wrinkles are reduced. However, B.T. does not offer anything for static wrinkles. Static wrinkles are not related with the muscles, but are the result of aging, loss of collagen and elastin and loss of elasticity of the skin. As we mature, our skin becomes “lighter”, becomes more prone to showing fine lines and wrinkles, and B.T. is not useful in these, while smoothing and rejuvenation with the use of Fractional Laser or Fractional chemical peeling in combination with fillers are absolutely perfect.
- Pregnancy and Lactation
No studies have been conducted in women, while in animals there are doubts regarding the foetus, although the studies are not extensive. Therefore, it is better to avoid these two periods.
3) Cheap B.Τ. may be:
FAKE, Chinese or Not Acknowledged, Not Legally Listed or Not Suitably Prepared or Expired or Stolen or much Diluted.
4) The doctor that will perform the procedure is either Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon
5) If you are a woman it is better to avoid the days of your period and a few days after the end of your period.
6) Things you should avoid two weeks before the procedure so that to avoid signs after the procedure.
We advise you to avoid substances that increase the possibilities of bruising at the areas of application. These may include medicines or other substances, such as herbs, etc with anticoagulation action.
Below a non exclusive list is included for informative purposes:
Some anti-inflammatory drugs
VITAMIN E Supplements
Spices and Herbs:
Furthermore, it is advisable to avoid certain antibiotics, administered per os or as an injections, as they interfere with neuromuscular transmissions.
B.T. is a specially treated protein that reduces or inhibits muscle movement.
This way it is possible to reduce or remove expression wrinkles on the following areas:
- “Crow’s feet”
while its effect on static wrinkles is small.
The substance leaches the areas that have greater mobility and cause wrinkling without stopping the movement of the muscular system on the face, where it is applied. B. T. is harmless to the body, with 25 years of application in the field of Ophthalmology – Neurology and 12 years of experience in the field of Cosmetic Medicine worldwide. In many countries, including the U.S.A, it is widely used in Cosmetic Medicine for the management of wrinkles. During the application, the appropriate substance is infused in the skin and the whole procedure lasts 15 minutes approximately, with no need for topical anaesthesia.
The effects of the procedure are visible from the 5th day.
Possible reactions that may follow the application (e.g. erythema, ecchymosis) usually disappear within 2-3 days. The effect of B.T. usually last for 4-6 months. It always depends on the area and the quantity used, as well as on the technique used for the infusion.
Things you should know after the application of B.T. – Instructions
- Try to exercise your treated facial muscles for about 2-3 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows). This helps the substance to work more quickly into your muscles. Although this technique will help you, it doesn’t mean that if you forget to do these exercise there will be a negative impact on the final effect.
- Do not try to rub the areas where the treatment was applied for the next 24 hours.
- Do not use make-up for 4 hours after treatment.
- Do not lie down and do not exercise intensely during the 4 hours after treatment.
- Avoid hot showers, hair dryer and extensive sun exposure for the next 2 days.
- You are ascertained that small marks or red signs will disappear completely within a few hours.
- The effects of the treatment may be visible after a couple of weeks following the treatment. If you have any question for the treatment, do not hesitate to contact us on 210 7242600.
We will schedule an appointment immediately.
- The effects of the treatment are not permanent. The effects usually last 4-6 months. If you follow the treatment schedule with the frequency we will advic3e you, the effects will last even longer than that.
- Initially we should see you between the 3rd and 4th month. The best clinical effects are achieved within this period. If you allow sufficient time for the complete inactivation of the drug (6+ months), and you schedule your appointment after that, it will be more difficult to see the reaction of your muscles to the treatment.
- The treatment is completed with a special technique, in which the injections are personalised according to your particular muscular structure. For this reason it is necessary to see you before you activate the muscles again. We need to see you at the exact time when the muscle just starts to activate, but before it is fully activated. At this time we can personalise the injection so that to have the best effect on your face.
B.Τ. is a protein that is infused below the skin so that to minimise or smooth facial lines and wrinkles. At small doses of B.T., the facial muscles relax, giving you a clearer, smoother and renewed appearance.
The application of B.Τ. is much easier compared to a face-lifting, and its effects are immediate. When someone is having a face-lifting, s/he may have bandages on the face for many days, as well as bruising and swelling.
It may take a few months before the results of plastic surgery are visible. Through the use of B.T., the swelling subsides promptly, while the pinch of the needle that may be visible immediately after the administration of B.T. disappears within a few hours.
B.T. is also much cheaper and faster than a face-lifting.
Actually, the required time is so little that someone could do a B.Τ. treatment during the lunch break!
Find out more: for the Infusion of Implants